Location: Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000 annually (D.O.E.)
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Fashion Retail
Environment: Friendly, business casual setting
Our client located in Downtown L.A. is looking for a skilled bookkeeper with HR experience. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel and QuickBooks and have experience handling A/R and A/P.
Note: Our client would like to fill this position ASAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Internal payroll, banking, payroll auditing and processing, worker’s compensation reporting, report generation and HR
- Accounts Payable – all areas including data entry, vendor review, vendor analysis, requisitions and filing.
- Accounts Receivable – all data entry, reporting, filing and reconciliations.
- General Accounting Duties – journal entries, reporting, accrual accounting, month-end closing process, payroll data entry, payroll taxes, and other accounting related duties.
- Creates/Manages all weekly reports for branches and internal accounting department.
- Audits Records – create and audit all internal accounting records. This includes but is not limited to payroll reports, ACA filings, wage & status changes and many more.
- Prepares quarter end and annual tax filings for IRS, State of CA and City of Los Angeles.
- Assists payroll department with support and backup as needed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This includes tasks of processing payroll, invoicing clients, preparing reports and auditing records.
- Prints/Files/Organizes multi-entity company records on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- General office duties such as copying, filing, scanning, and organization of financial/payroll records and storage.
- Excel proficiency is a MUST (Intermediate User).
- QuickBooks is a Must.
- Payroll, A/P, and A/R experience is a MUST.
- Accounting experience handling audits, taxes and general accounting duties.
- MS Word and Outlook savvy.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing systems, filing and records management systems, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of banking, and the analysis and reporting financial data.
- HR Experience.
- B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience.